Shoe Fund - This is a unique mission of our church. Once a year we take a special offering, and in September we buy shoes and socks for deserving elementary school children in Palm Bay. Each school chooses a few kids needing shoes and the church provides gift cards to a local shoe store as well as partnering with the store to create special coupons for the families so that money stretches further. We are grateful to Shoe Carnival on Palm Bay Road for being our current partner in this endeavor to assist the children of our community.
- Our church is partnered with Family Promise of Brevard, Inc., a non-profit organization addressing homelessness in our community...one family at a time. Through their Interfaith Hospitality Network of congregations and community organizations, they offer compassionate guidance, food, shelter and education. Their goal is to strengthen our community by helping homeless families with children remain intact while they transition toward self-sufficiency. We participate by serving as a Host Congregation four times per year. During each host week, we provide safe family housing and meals in our facility.
South Brevard Sharing Center
- South Brevard Sharing Center (SBSC) is an organization committed to treating people with dignity and respect by providing a haven for those who struggle to meet their basic needs. The Sharing Center was founded in 1971 as a non-profit, community based agency for charitable and philanthropic purposes. The general nature and purpose of this organization is to provide short-term emergency assistance to needy individuals and families, in the Brevard County Area where Federal, State, and County funds are not available. We support SBSC with weekly donations of food, monthly donations of money, periodic donations of items for their thrift store and volunteer help.
Thanksgiving & Christmas Baskets - At Thanksgiving and Christmas we provide a week's supply of groceries to 10 families whose names are provided by SBSC.
- is a non-profit organization in Melbourne that
addresses hunger and homelessness issues in our local communities. We support
Daily Bread’s work financially and through a volunteer team that serves food in
their Dining Hall once a month.
Children’s Hunger Project - The Children's Hunger
Project addresses hunger in elementary school children in Brevard County;
believing that a hungry child has difficulty being attentive and driven in the
classroom, affecting their ability to learn. To combat this, they work with
elementary schools to provide weekend meals to children in need during the
school year, with additional feeding and education programs held when school is
not in session.
- Operation Hope, located in Fellsmere, Florida, is dedicated to providing support, education, and assistance to families in need regardless of race, color, or religion. for eleven years, Operation Hope has been helping families in need with groceries every Saturday night. Every year they help over 1,200 families with food which is provided by sources such as food banks in Orlando and Melbourne, Daily Bread and many others. In 2006 they opened a pre-school which serves up to 60 kids. They also operate a thrift store and have special events for their clients. We support Operation Hope with donations of items for the Mother's Day, Father's Day and Back to School programs.
- Our mission is to provide housing and wrap around support for foster families in Brevard county. These foster families care for the neglected, abused, needy, and abandoned children in our state foster system. Nana’s House helps foster parents provide a safe, loving home for the child. We work to provide housing, utilities, transportation, clothing, school supplies, toys, household items, and anything else the foster families and the children they serve may need. The children live in a home with two foster parents – mother and father – and other children – up to five per home. Opportunities for the child to participate in whatever extracurriculars they may have an interest in, be it dance lessons, team sports, swimming lessons – all of which are above and beyond what the child would have experienced in their former life. We provide all of this and more to the foster families in our program.
- Club Esteem is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization offering free after-school and summer programs to economically disadvantaged children in grades 1 through 12 who live in the South Melbourne/Palm Bay area of Brevard County, Florida. Club Esteem provides a safe, caring, and structured environment for children and teens to learn, grow and reach their full potential.
- The DOCK's purpose is to be a safe gathering place and nurturing center for neighborhood youth after school and during the summer – the hours when they are most likely to get in trouble. Staff and volunteers emphasize academic achievement and model and encourage healthy life choices, with a goal of encouraging youth to see themselves as productive citizens in the future.
Gifts from the Heart
- Gifts from the Heart Christmas Shop is a unique partnership between eleven local nonprofit organizations - Neighbor Up Brevard, Club Esteem, Love INC, Family Promise of Brevard, Community of Hope, Eckerd Connects, New Life Mission, Habitat for Humanity of Brevard, The Pregnancy Care Center at BETA, Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida-Cocoa Branch, and Women’s Center of Brevard. Each organization serves families who live on the economic margins of our community. During the Christmas season, parents and guardians of children served by the eleven organizations are offered the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for their children at a greatly reduced and affordable cost at our Gifts from the Heart Christmas Shop. Each gift purchased is, in essence, two gifts – a gift for the child and the gift of joy and an affirmation of dignity for the parent.